Mar 2, 2015

Beer recipe to warm you up.....Stout Hot Chocolate with Ice Cream!!

In anticipation of our very soon to be posted "Winter Beer Pictures" I wanted to share a recipe a friend sent me. Here is a little something you can easily whip up to help warm you up from the inside, and looks absolutely amazing, and sounds more than a bit delicious. I have yet to try this one recipe myself, but my friend assures me, it is every bit as great as it looks, and sounds! (click here for the complete write up on this recipe from "The Floating Kitchen" )

.
Photo credit "The Floating Kitchen"
Stout Hot Chocolate with Ice Cream

Ingredients
  • 12 ounces chocolate stout beer (I used Rogue Ales Chocolate Stout)
  • 2 cups whole milk
  • 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • About 2/3 cup vanilla ice cream
 
Instructions
  1. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the chocolate stout to a simmer. Cook until the stout is reduced to about 3/4 cup, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
  2. In a separate sauce pan, warm the milk over medium heat, being careful not to bring it to a boil. Add the cocoa powder, chocolate and sugar, whisking until everything is well combined and the mixture is smooth. Whisk in the reduced beer. Remove from the heat and set aside.
  3. Divide the ice cream between two mugs. Pour the stout hot chocolate over the ice cream. Serve immediately.
 
Photo credit "The Floating Kitchen"
Was a right? Looks and sounds just amazing! I can't wait to try this one out myself!
 
In the meantime, to all my friends and loved one back east battling this crazy, cold winter, hope this helps just a little! Stay warm!
 
Until next time
Bottoms up my friends
 
The Beer Czar

No comments:

Post a Comment